Whether you're new to programming or an experienced developer, it's easy to learn and use Python.
Documentation for Python's standard library, along with tutorials and guides, are available online.
Looking for work or have a Python related position that you're trying to hire for? Our community-run job board is the place to go.
- Python 3.7.0 is now available (and so is 3.6.6)! On behalf of ...
- Python 3.7.0rc1 and 3.6.6rc1 are now available. 3.7.0rc1 is the final planned release preview of Python 3.7, ...
- A 3.7 update: Python 3.7.0b5 is now the final beta preview of Python 3.7, the ...
- Python 3.7.0b4 is the final beta preview of Python 3.7, the next feature release of ...
- The bugfix release Python 2.7.15 is now available for download.
ILM runs a batch processing environment capable of modeling, rendering and compositing tens of thousands of motion picture frames per day. Thousands of machines running Linux, IRIX, Compaq Tru64, OS X, Solaris, and Windows join together to provide a production pipeline used by ~800 users daily. Speed of development is key, and Python was a faster way to code (and re-code) the programs that control this production pipeline.
Industrial Light & Magic Runs on Python by Tim Fortenberry